Home General Discussion

Burnout Paradise Update and Ultimate Box

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
For those of you still playing Burnout Paradise on 360, what do you think of the visuals of the new FREE v1.6 update in comparison to before?

I'm mostly talking about the seemingly poor photoshop color adjustment they've applied to the whole game. It appears the menus are the same as before, but with a Hue shift in colors. The game itself, while driving around the city, appears washed in blue. Headlights now appear blue. While anything Green, Yellow, or Red is seen in high saturation. It looks unnatural. Maybe after some time, my eyes will forget the old way, and adjust to it.

The update made discovered objects more "vibrant". That's an understatement. They're blinding. Yes, they're easier to find. But now, you can't miss them...from several streets away. And they blink and pulse. I was excited when I found all Billboards in the game last week. Now, it seems like less of an achievement. All in all, the game has been made easier.

All that aside, this game is AWESOME! Especially online with challenges. It's been out for a year, but Criterion continue to add more and more.

The new Ultimate Box version is out now, also on PC, which includes all the new content. You can try the demo. Or pick up the original used somewhere for about $20, and download all the free add-ons.

If anyone wants to Race me, my gamertag is elysiumgx. I'd like to get people together for online Freeburn Challenges.

Yes...restart is in now.
http://criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=384

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I'll give it another try, I played a little when it came out and promptly went back to playing Burnout Revenge
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    Played a bit of it on the 360 when it first came out. Went ahead and bought the ps3 version off the store yesterday for 20 bucks, nice to have a game like this sitting on the HD.

I did notice that things seem to be a bit blue, but I thought it was just because it was morning in the game's day/night cycle. It seemed like things warmed up as the day progressed. The glowing fences and stuff is a little distracting, especially when you're trying to race and pay attention to the road. It definitely makes finding the special jumps a lot easier.

I just love how smooth this game runs. Pair that with how fast the motorcycles are and this is still a showpiece game a year later.