Home General Discussion

CG Workshop Event - "Anomaly"

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
pliang polycounter lvl 17
test_poster_anomaly.jpg
(Poster art by Jeff Simpson)

So I've been taking some time on the side working with a few folks for this event, hoping to get
quite a few people, including some PCers to come. It will be taking place in Vancouver and it'd be great to gather around for an evening of learning and networking.

Here's a little description, in a nutshell.

[Anomaly] is a fusion of an art workshop and party to be held in Vancouver on Saturday, April 25, 2009. This event will feature some of the most talented local artists and showcase live art demonstrations, keynote speakers, and a lounge party throughout the night from 7pm to 1am. The purpose of the event is to bring 2D/3D artists together and provide a platform for inspiration and creativity.

Interested? Check out the [Anomaly] event website at www.cgmovement.com/anomaly/ If you are interested in attending, make sure you subscribe to the event at the bottom of the website for more information!

Replies

• PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    hell yea, this is gonna be super fun by the sounds of it. One of the guys from my studio is doing a live demo, jeff, same duder who did the poster. I have also heard rumblings that mandryk will be doing one too which would be amazing. see you all there!
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Where is it and how much?
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    You Vancouver folk... always getting these awesome events :P

Sounds like it would be an awesome day and an even crazier night.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    It just sounds classy, and that is an awesome website. Shame my buddy moved from Vancouver, or I would use this as an excuse to go visit them. Or, rather, visiting them as an excuse to attend this.
  • I_luv_Pixels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I_luv_Pixels polycounter lvl 17
    I know i cant make it to canada but its good to see even more artist trying to strengthen their community by doing these art workshops! I know i've been working really hard doing art workshops down here in Texas! Keep up the good work!
  • Marnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marnik polycounter lvl 8
    hmmmm... Let's see... If I don't eat for a while and cut back on laundry I might be able to afford a plane ticket or if Grey Hounds go international I might be able to do that and still have a good time ^_^

wait a second... I might actually be able to afford this! Woohoo!

although my parents would certainly question my intentions for such a trip =]
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, glad to hear some positive inputs and inquiries.

Brome: Tickets will be on sale in February starting with the Early Birds pricing and the venue will be in Gastown. Looking to set a decent price soon.

Will keep everyone posted (Or subscribe to the newsletter) before having more people commit.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys,

The event is on and happening tomorrow evening, it's of short notice but feel free to join in for learning, networking and free booze, finger food and chance to win door prizes/swags.

Just got another artist on board from Image Engine in Vancouver for our second keynote speaker so it will be 8 guests at the event showing cool works of art in 2d/3d.

Free valet parking at the venue or shuttle for participants.

***General blurb from our event newsletter***

After months in planning, it has finally come down to the last day of Anomaly. We are VERY EXCITED to see that this event has drawn a wide range of interests in Vancouver. It's going to be a special one!

There are still some tickets left for grabs at door, or on our web:
    http://anomaly.cgmovement.com/
    Regular: $90/ea Group: $85/ea Student: $75/ea

Please check the latest edition of our newsletter below on how to get there, what to prepare, and... THE STEAMPUNK CHALLENGE!

http://anomaly.cgmovement.com/newsletter.pdf

The winner of the best costume gets the equivalent of our grand door prize... a Pixologic ZBrush license!

We look forward to seeing you there tomorrow.
    Let's get the party started, shall we?

Cheers!
    Peter
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    sounds really cool, wish I lived in the Vancouver/Seattle area.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    ahhhh unfortunatley I just moved to montreal for the next 3 months :P was looking forward to this, ticket prices are a lil high for a one night event but I'm sure it will be awesome for all involved.