Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gallery of Low-Poly Models (Image heavy)

Hellmouth
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Hellmouth polycounter lvl 11
Well, all my modeling/texturing activity so far has been oriented towards modding Warcraft 3, which allows only low poly model (max. 1500 tris) and demands really colourful textures. Here are some of the models I have done for the game, in chronological order from start (because I started some a really long time ago and only recently got around finishing them).
Some earlier ones I did while not having 3dsMax 5. Also, screenshots are taken from wc3 editing tools since I exported them.
All of them have a simple 256x256 texture map which I painted in Adobe Photoshop 7.0.

MageGuard.jpg

Sorceror.jpg

SorcerorSkins.jpg

Demon-4.jpg

Incubus.jpg

Destroyer.jpg

Reaver.jpg

Behemoth.jpg

Replies

• Travis_hill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like the last one! Good work.
  • DockRock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DockRock polycounter lvl 8
    That looks like a fun little project!! I really like that Elf warrior in green! He seems to be the most detailed of all the models! Great work!

Some of the proportions of some of the other characters looks a little squished or maybe even too elongated in some areas. The vampires and some of the other characters could use some more definition around the torso area. They look very stiff. I say be more generous with the poly count of each model too. You said you had to work with up to 1500 tri's, make use of those triangles. Your winged character, the red demon and your purple swordsman could all use a little extra detail to shape up the silhouette of each character more. The demon is only 612, make use of the remaining almost 800+ polys and bulk him out!

Would love to see these guys in some game play action. Great job!