Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Medieval house WIP

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Rekmar polycounter lvl 19
hello there,
been a long while since I've posted here, even forgot about just browsing (as I usualy did) for a while as well

anyway been working on a small environment asset, a medieval house
I'm tryng to go for modular design and be able to build more houses off this and up to a town. it's the first time I do modular design so even as I read some of the tutorials and stickies I'd like some input

here's a shot of how it's looking so far
ehouse01hc6.th.jpg

and here I selected a few of the objects to give a better idea of the modules I made for it
ehouse02aq6.th.jpg

and over here I used a few borrowed textures to give myself a better idea of how I want it to look once I texture it (looks specially good with Jordan Walker's brickwall texture, can't remember the author of the wood texture which is nice too - anyway they're just temp)
ehouse03ki7.th.jpg

now it would be good to know how I'm doing in the module department. I did things to be based mostly on a 20x20x30 size to be able to do smaller or bigger houses, but other things go off that exact scale while keeping modular (like the 2nd level's stuff), I reused the stairs to go down to the small basement, etc. it should have more repeated windows on the 2nd level but I'm wondering if the tiling of modules isn't too obvious
also hard to see, but I also removed some of the stuff's straight lines (stairs, doorframes, windowframes) to give an effect of the objects and supports to be not so new, still need to do it for more stuff like the 2nd level's outside wood supports

anyway, looking for crits and comments
later

Replies