Home General Discussion

Help with Windows

Sage
polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Sage polycounter lvl 19
Well I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem with windows vista home edition. My mother bought a laptop and the thing came with that awesome OS. So I use the freaking laptop for anything and it just randomly skips. Like if you are typing the thing goes and jump to another spot, selects things on it's own, and lags. I was wondering if anyone has had this happened to them. The make of the laptop is Acer. Any help would be great. Thanks

Problem two. Freaking windows xp updated itself one day and the shitty waste of time select profile at the begining started to show up even though I had set my OS to never do that crap. Any thoughts on how to turn this crap off. Thanks. I'm the only one that uses this pc so I don't want to wait for it to boot. it's a waste of time in my world. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Alex

Replies

• peppi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peppi polycounter lvl 18
    The first problem sounds like you're hitting the touchpad while typing, you can switch it off with one of the function keys (Fn+F7 on mine). As for the XP logon screen issue, I've had it appear after installing .NET Framework. Help is found here and here.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crapcrapshitshitwhinewhinge

Man, it's much easier to help someone when they actually seem like they want Windows to run.
    Also, Peppi already covered the useful stuff, so I can now feel free to crapcrapshitshitwhinewhinge
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Peppi thanks for the tips. The laptop does the skipping thing even if you don't have the touch pad enabled. I have seen weird things but this beats it all. It might just be the oem version of Windows Vista that Acer put on the laptop. I have a friend with a similar problem with his laptop and Vista home edition, but I think the laptop is a different brand.

MightyPea it's been a long month, I'll try harder to not come off so emo. LOL Thanks for the tip.