Home Technical Talk

Scared Helpers [MAX]

Okt
polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Okt polycounter lvl 19
For some reason or another I appear to have scared away the helpers... they cower in fear behind the geometry in my scene.

As you can see they are clearly colliding with the geometry and should be getting drawn in the viewport.

helper597.jpg

How can I get these to show through everything once again?

Thanks,
Evan

Replies

• Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    I've been having this same issue with 2008, and they only occasionally pop into view when moving around the viewport in Perspective :( I usually just have to switch my selection options and drag select a bunch and hope I get the right ones...no clue how to fix the draw issue though :/
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've hit the same issue, it comes and goes. It seems to pop up most often when I'm working with skin and toggle on and off the "draw envelopes on top" but not always. I've tried a lot of things to try and fix it and just end up working around it. =/
  • multivac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    linking them to point helpers for a moment with "draw on top" toggled on usually fixes it.
  • Okt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okt polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks guys, I'll keep looking into it, If I happen to figure out what it is or a way to solve it other than what multivac suggested I'll be sure to post it.
  • gamedev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev polycounter lvl 12
    I'd suggest just using point helpers all together. You can turn on box and make them look like the dummys and you can toggle on and off there foreground or background visibility. I also havnt had them hide from me yet :).
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I ran into this same bug recently, I think Vig may be right since I always turn off "draw on top" for envelopes with Skin modifier, I will check that out tonight.

I ended up just using Point Helpers instead, and I found that if I turned on the "draw on top" option for the helpers, they got drawn behind the geometry, and if I turned it off then they appeared correctly (although not "always" on top, just regular draw style).

Maybe it's a directx bug?