Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space Man

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Mistry10 polycounter lvl 8
yeah guys,
this is a simple character design. my main focus will be texturing and rigging.
setup_3_Face.jpg
setup_2.jpg

Replies

• John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    in general, i would say his face is a little too caved in in places. also, i find that it's much easier to make a mouth that's closed than one that's open. get some good reference and really get it perfect.

i think in general, your shapes aren't separated enough. the nose blends into the face, and there's very little differentiation between the different sections of the face, contributing to that caved-in look.

try this-- do another quick head and focus on large to medium sized shapes -- exadurate the snout.. like the area around the mouth.. push in the dimples beside his mouth.. really kick out a chin line.. look at what a head looks from a 3/4 perspective and exadurate it.. stuff like that. there are all sorts of little 'what makes a human head' things that this is missing right now.

love those legs and feet man :) looks like it could be a fun rigging project.
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    in general, i would say his face is a little too caved in in places. also, i find that it's much easier to make a mouth that's closed than one that's open. get some good reference and really get it perfect.

i think in general, your shapes aren't separated enough. the nose blends into the face, and there's very little differentiation between the different sections of the face, contributing to that caved-in look.

try this-- do another quick head and focus on large to medium sized shapes -- exadurate the snout.. like the area around the mouth.. push in the dimples beside his mouth.. really kick out a chin line.. look at what a head looks from a 3/4 perspective and exadurate it.. stuff like that. there are all sorts of little 'what makes a human head' things that this is missing right now.

love those legs and feet man :) looks like it could be a fun rigging project.

thanks for the advice ! considering this is the first time i modeled out a face i think its not that bad ,but for now im gonna stick with the face i have now. Since i just really wanna focus on texturing right now :).
    setup_4.jpg
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    texturing a bad face wont make it better, it will still look weird and still will have weirdo anatomy, even the line "but its cartoony" wont be able to justify XD , John warner said the best that could be said.
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Johny wrote: »
    texturing a bad face wont make it better, it will still look weird and still will have weirdo anatomy, even the line "but its cartoony" wont be able to justify XD , John warner said the best that could be said.

understood :)
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and there is the final, any critics would be great !
    FINAL_1.png