Home General Discussion

Banjo and Kazooie : Nuts and bolts

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
vahl polycounter lvl 18
Surprised there wasn't a thread about it, of course you don't kill people in Africa or mutants in space but if you can, have a try at the demo, which was released yesterday on the marketplace.

I played through it twice (1.5h every time), building vehicles and testing them out is uberfun, challenges are cool, gameplay is really good and...omg..ITS PHUN !!!

too many colors to be nextgen, but well..haha. Made me want to play the first episode again, good thing they release it for the XLA soon haha !!!

banjo-kazooie-3-20080508030640470_640w.jpg

Replies

• dejawolf
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    the bloom... the BLOOOM... my eyes...
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    to me characters and env just don't seem to fit together :/
  • Michael Knubben
    Yeah, I was interested in trying this out at the Eurogamer Expo, but I didn't see it anywhere. I did get a Banjo-Kazooie mug and mousemat, so that makes up for it I guess.
    One thing that stood out for me was the fact that the ingame stuff looks nicer than most of the promotional artwork I've seen around.

Although it's almost painfully colourful (by which I mean it's not just saturated, it's also got a lot of colours), that screenshot at the top actually looks pretty nice.
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    you should of said, I went right past it and it didnt really grab me, which is a shame. There wasnt much of a presence for it (a whole two monitors!) and all I saw when I walked past was someone flying something.
    Might give it a try once its out and if it gets decent reviews though. Sort of want it to be the 360's answer to mario galaxy; sort of dont think it will be.
  • Tulkamir
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Sweet, this is really good to hear. I've been looking forward to this game. Seems to have some interesting ideas, going to be giving the demo a whirl as soon as I get a chance.
    dejawolf wrote: »
    the bloom... the BLOOOM... my eyes...

Can we get over this already? That screenshot is not over bloomed and I'm getting sick of hearing this shit every time there is a tiny bit in a game. Bloom got big because it can look good you know...
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    whatever happened to good old B&K? i like the 64 version of the game a lot more... this one is boring.
  • Marisa
    Offline / Send Message
    Marisa polycounter lvl 17
    I completely agree with you Glottis8, I was so disappointed to hear that they gave my favorite video game duo a complete 180 in the other direction. I might try it out, but I was never interested in vehicle games.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I'm stuck in nuclear wastelands right now. Cannot be bothered :D

I loved the original Banjo Kazooie though. I'll probably give this a try.
  • Tumerboy
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 16
    I loved the first one, haven't played this yet, but have been looking forward to it.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    this one looks interesting, and im coming round to its rubbish aesthetics
  • vahl
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    first B&k will be available on XLA on nov 20th, and will be free if you preorder the nextgen version.

honestly, the on-foot controls are exactly like the old game, or at least how I remember them (and I had a N64 when I was still in canada), vehicles were really a blast, and the game looks much better once you're in, I don't see what people find rubbish about the graphics, they are not nextgen, etc for sure, but I found them pretty appealing and found the demo to be really relaxing, especially after playing FC2.
  • Irata
    One of the more technically proficient next gen titles. Anyone claiming this isn't 'next-gen' simply doesn't understand the term:

High res textures, every surface has complex shaders, 4xAA for a near jaggie free experience, insane scale and draw distance and realtime lighting with day/night cycle and HDR. The more I play, the more impressed I become. The great animation, character design and classic Rare humor is all present, also.
  • John Warner
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    Tulkamir wrote: »
    Can we get over this already? That screenshot is not over bloomed and I'm getting sick of hearing this shit every time there is a tiny bit in a game. Bloom got big because it can look good you know...

god, thank you!

Vahl, that screen shot looks really cool. i'm going to look into this for sure... thanks! i LOVE all the colors! i get so tired of desaturated fucking BRROOOWWWNNNSSSS all the time.