Home Technical Talk

Zbrush 3.12

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
For those of you using Macs, Zbrush 3.12 has now been out for a few weeks. This is essentially 3.1 with a few minor updates, and it the first 3.x release for the Mac. http://www.pixologic.com/zbrushMac/

ZBrush 3.12 is a transitional version that previews some of what's to come in version 3.5. Enjoy new features with ZBrush 3.12, such as:

- Increase Polygon count
- Multiple textures per tool
- Multiple Displacement Maps per tool
- PUVTiles, an enhanced version of GUVTiles/AUVTiles UV mapping
- Masking by Ambient Occlusion (which can be saved as an Ambient Occlusion Map)
- Streamlined navigation (right mouse navigation, subtool framing, one click subtool selection process)
- Improved perspective with added visual grid
- ZSpheres editing in perspective mode
- Much Improved zoom (get to -really know- your polygons one by one)
- 2 new smoothing brushes (SmoothPeaks and SmoothValleys)
- One click merging of subtools
- Faster and more intelligent algorithms, resulting in a smoother sculpting feel
- Enhanced Polypainting accuracy
-Improved Project All functionality with Scan-Distance Control
- More Vibrant "Deep Shadow" for real-time Preview

Since ZBrush 3.12 Mac Intel has been enhanced with new functionality, we will also update the Windows version to incorporate these new features, and make them available to the ZBrush Windows community. It is not unlikely that major additional features be unveiled at that time, and will be made available for both Mac and Windows as a free upgrade toward the end of year.

I bought 2.0 a while back because it meant a free upgrade to 3.12 and 3.5, plus I got a Windows license to see me through.

Going forwards from 3.5 all releases of Zbrush should be release in tandem for both PC and Mac.

Replies