Home Technical Talk

Collapsed UV Anxiety Attack II "The Wipeout!"

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
Hello there,

I use Max 9

I am pulling apart the UVs on the house from my portfolio site, Im almost done the textures, but I noticed that as I went through and grabbed my UV's that certain faces were not needed, or that I wanted to add stuff here and there in the sub-object level...

What I was doing was collapsing the Unwrap UVW mod down to edit poly, then making my changes and adding the Unwrap mod again, over and over and over.

I know that if you collapse different Map channel ID numbers all the different map ID's will be stored somewhere in some collapsed vault. How do I access and view this hidden vault? if possible. Utilities >Channel info?

Also, if I am collapsing Map channel ID:1 over and over and over, Is max storing all these as spereate channel files? How do I collapse them all into a single material ID:1

If I have a series of Map Channel ID numbers 1,2,3,4 all with seperate UV maps say, for testing, then I want to eliminate all of them, will the "Reset UVWs" button in the modifier itself wipe all the information that was previously collapsed in the channel I am on?

Is there an easy way to deal with UVs that have been collapsed already basically. And, what is the typical workflow when doing UVs and wanting to change the model back and forth.

Replies