Home Technical Talk

Exporting from 3DS max to Zbrush - mesh explode

hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix the problem I'm having when trying to import uvs into zbrush 3.1 from max9:

I've exported my model (sub. lv. 1) from zbrush to max to do the uvs in max.
When exporting from max into zbrush (saving the morph target and switching) at sub lv. 1 it looks fine. but when i move up the sub lvs. the mesh explodes. ...?!

I've tried reseting the xforms, turn to poly (this changes the verts. number so definately doesnt work...), and changing zbrushes exporting/importing options to 'merge' and nothing seems to work...

I've done it before with no problems using zbrush 3.0..... ...

Any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    your using max 2009? forget it, the new guruware exporter messes up the vertexorder, you actually don't have max2008 or older to your hand? those have the old ex-/importers and that one doesn't mess with the vertexoder, you just have to make sure that it is an editable poly you#re exporting

oh well you wrote your using max9, so try it with epoly
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since your vertex tables are screwed up you can use Morphix to get the vert tables to match.

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/morphix
  • Neavah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i seemed to have found a weird, easy, solution...

if i import my model into max, exprt it, then re import back into MAX then exprot from max into zbrush.
    I dont know why but it works...

apparently it works for max 2009 with its export probelms too...

Thanks for the responses!
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    Neox wrote: »
    your using max 2009? forget it, the new guruware exporter messes up the vertexorder, you actually don't have max2008 or older to your hand? those have the old ex-/importers and that one doesn't mess with the vertexoder, you just have to make sure that it is an editable poly you#re exporting

oh well you wrote your using max9, so try it with epoly

Wait, so when Max2009 integrated Guruware, that broke Guruware? Lame.