Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space cannon and swords

So hello everyone, I am just at the beginning of the way in CGI and all. I would like to be an enviroment artist or a game designer eventualy. But anyways, after a long time I feel like the next 2 items are my best so far (although I am sure many will think they are not that good but I can only get better from now on).

This basically my very first real attempt to create something. I modeled in max and the render is in unreal3 editor. The textures are not my own I picked them up from the internet although I created the spec and normal maps. I would like to get some ideas on how to make it better and so on. Negative critisicm is cool as well as I need to learn and fix my mistakes.

render00ue6.th.jpg

This one with the japanese theme, I have textured all by myself beside the background and the the tapestry on the walls. I am aware that the background through the window is a bit flat and would like to get ideas on how to make it right. This is in Maya 2008. Same as with the first picture I would like to get some critiques and all that. I have tried to make it look like a daily scene.

japaneseht3.th.jpg

So again, I would like to have both good and bad critiques. It will only help me so please be honest.

Thanks.

Replies