Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Garth Cochrane

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
Hey Fellas

Trying to break in to a studio here in Adelaide: Krome studios

I worked for 6 years as a flash animator before the company I worked for was closed down in June. Now that I'm unemployed, I've got a lot more time to work on my 3d skills :)

Looking for crits on both the site and content.
www.garthcochrane.com

Replies

• Snuggles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snuggles polycounter lvl 17
    I like it! Not that I'm the voice of experience, but hey. Work is strong and I won't fault it. Only thing I think I'd want out of it is more breadth in the 3D works, especially if that's what you're going for.
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Snuggles

Thanks. I'm definitely working on finishing more 3d works.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    ok im gonna crit ;-) after reading your post in the discussion bit

good portfolio, but your 3d lacks imagination, your producing good clean work with technical skill, but alot of the art is slightly been there seen three other guys wearing the t-shirt.

i would just try and get some more interest into the design. I have seen hundreds of sci-fi envs. mechs etc, either make something with a new take on a classic, or look at what hasnt been done again and again.

stand out.

a quick tip for thinking of ideas is to try two conflicting genres say mech and babys... ...i know a two legged mech-pram thing, now that would get my attention
  • commander_keen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commander_keen polycounter lvl 18
    looks nice mostly. I dont like the LOTR thing though, probably because LOTR sucks ;P
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WOOOT!

Thanks for the replies, guys.

SHEPEIRO: I see what you mean. Next piece I start, I'm gonna do something of my own design that's totally perverted ;) In a good way I mean.

commander_keen: the Uruk model? Next portfolio piece I make, I'm going to replace it.