Home Digital Sketchbooks

badass armor set

Hello again! Im currently about to head into my last year at AI- San Diego for game art. I have been getting together some ideas of different themes and projects to work on outside of schoolwork for my personal "i'd like an internship plz" portfolio. This is the first of what i had in mind. Its an armor set for some tank-esque character. The helmet would be a skull face on the front and spiraled ram horns on the side. Big burly heros belt with fur hanging in front, and skull insignia on the belt itself. Im not sure as to keep with the current big epic WoW proportions or go for something more realistic and functional, yet still super B.A. im open for crits, like i said this is the first page, and i would like to get some feedback before i move on to modeling or anything like that. The main parts i would work on i think would be the Hero Belt as well as the shoulders. Thanks for looking.

All Together
armorsketch8copy.jpg

Belt Close Up
Belt.jpg

Shoulder Close Up
Shoulder.jpg

Replies

• Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    concept is cool, i'd like to see some gloves and greaves to match. what direction do you plan on taking as far as modeling goes i.e. low poly vs. current/next gen?

What size human is this supposed to fit? Consider how the helmet is going to fit between the large shoulderpads, and how the horns might clip through the spikes during animations.
    Try throwing in another under layer inphotoshop and sketching in a figure beneath this armor. I feel like the proportions might need some work in order for it to look right.

also, that would make it easier to flesh out some other pieces for the set and give you a better overall feeling for the composition of the equipment.

cheers