Home General Discussion

True Blood

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
Been watching this on recently pretty good show if your into vampire stories like i am :P
Thanks to a Japanese scientist's invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have been safely removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures "coming out of the coffin." Religious leaders and government officials around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out.

Local waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), however, knows how it feels to be an outcast. "Cursed" with the ability to listen in on people's thoughts, she's also open-minded about the integration of vampires — particularly when it comes to Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), a handsome 175-year-old living up the road. But as Sookie is drawn into a series of mysteries surrounding Bill's arrival in Bon Temps, that tolerance will be put to the test.

http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I must respectfully, yet strongly, disagree.
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    Sectaurs wrote: »
    I must respectfully, yet strongly, disagree.

your dead to me!
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm... given the quality of most HBO shows I've seen, I'm gonna have to give this a chance. Dunno how much I'll like it, but it sounds like its got some potential.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I like the show quite a lot, but it seems a bit strange. TBH, the rampant sex in the show does absolutely nothing to advance the story. Sex with a purpose in a show is fine by me, but over the top and gratuitous is just stupid.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Vassago: Well, its not "stupid" When you consider the TV business is just that...a business. Sex and nudity bring in ratings, and ratings = revenue. Not that I agree with the practice, but...

That said, if I had HBO I'd probably watch this show. Anna Paquin is a good actress and the idea of a world of humans co-existing with vampires is interesting just as long as it isn't all Melrose Place-y.

"Omg! I cant believe you slept with my cousin...Dracula!"
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    just as long as it isn't all Melrose Place-y.

"Omg! I cant believe you slept with my cousin...Dracula!"
    It kind of seems like it will be just that... just... more death.

Check the trailerthing :/
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    It kind of seems like it will be just that... just... more death.

Check the trailerthing :/

It's definitely not 90210 Vampires.

I'm really digging this show. Although, I'm a HUGE vampire geek...and a huge Alan Ball fan. Alan Ball + Vampires = win.

I don't mind the epic sex scenes either :) I whole-heartedly welcome tits in anything I watch. But damn...Jason is gonna break something one of these episodes, I swear. 0.o