Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Freeze

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
SyaPed polycounter lvl 18
Anyone else have the annoying ass problem of Zbrush freezing up when you right-click to change brush settings? It seems to happen at random when I kinda mash the mouse buttons to change settings quickly.

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    yep, here too. only workaround i would know of - work slowly and save regularly. easy ;)
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Same here, some times I get that 3 or 4 times in a row. There are some threads on pixologic forums about that but never found a solution, but at least they are aware of the bug.

Workarounds, as Thomas said, don't right click to fast too many times, save often and count 1 to 10 instead of kicking your computer...
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    lol Yes what they said.

It's one of those things about being a 3D artist... ... ...that makes you want to rip your hair out from the roots, scream "I can't take it anymore!!!!" and start throwing and breaking things within reach.

Or you can just save a lot and be prepared for Z-brush to do this to you when you least expect it :P Not that Z-brush makes saving a delight... :shifty: It's newer and still a bit of a quirky program :P
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    It happened to me quite a long time ago when I was changing brush size alot using rmb, as a work around I bound a key to bring up the change brush size and used that instead of the rmb menu.