Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Unearthly Challenge | Pimp Legion of Doom | Name of Environment (TBD)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Serith polycounter lvl 9
PLD.jpg
Hello all, this is the Pimp Legion of Doom, ready to Dominate the Unearthly Challenge! Good Luck to everyone!

We Are:
M@ttack - Matt
Serith - David
#3 - To be confirmed

Our Goals:
1. NO SCI-FI. This is all fantasy for us.
2. Gears of War Style. Art and level style comparable to GOW.
4. Professionalism. Professional AAA level quality art.
3. Evil & Unearthly. Scare Stephen King.

Our chosen concept:
20_broken_church.jpg
There has been a number of teams already doing this concept, so we will do our best to make ours as unique as possible. It will be very interesting to see how everyone else does.

Back Story:
Long ago, this was the Cathedral of the Victorious Heart, a shrine to the domination of all Evil after the Purging Crusade.
Housed within its sacred walls was the Second Divine Crest, sealing away Evil forever.
Hidden at the edge of the universe, and guarded by the Grand Holy Army, it was thought safe.
But Evil will always find a way into Good hearts.

Several millenia have passed since the Blind Betrayal.
Evil has resumed its rightful place, and chaos reigns.
The Cathedral of the Failed Heart is now a testament to Evil's triumph over Good.

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Just be sure to include a link to your chosen concept and names of your team mates (if there are any) as soon as you can.
    Good luck, Serith.

-caseyjones
  • Serith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serith polycounter lvl 9
    I already have started concept alterations, but this is a team and I have to wait for everyone to agree on what I post.

(Other team mate is at his studios game release party... lucky bastard) :shifty:
  • Serith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serith polycounter lvl 9
    3rd member's name will come soon. Need to verify still.
    Also, We have our environments name, how do I change the thread name?
  • M@ttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, a lil bit of work on this. We have a proxy level filled out and a quick'n'dirty paintover of our plans. Our plan to differentiate our environment from the concept was to add a big crack to the center of the room. The crack would be the root of an organic, evil mass contaminating the cathedral. So far it seems to be working pretty well with the composition of the concept art for a nice flow.

Where our proxy level is at now, it feels like we have some scale issues with the railing making the cathedral feel small. Something to tackle as we move on.

Paintover:
    CFH_paintover.jpg

Proxy Level:
    CFH_proxyrender.jpg

Peace!
  • M@ttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still getting the proxy worked out. Our idea here is to get the environment laid out cohesively so were not stuck cramming a bunch of assets into a final shot. This is also helping figure out ways to make our pieces modular to save on texture space. We should be ready to start crankin on some high polys soon, so the fun part is just around the corner.

Cheers!

CFH_proxyrender_3.jpg

CFH_proxyrender_5.jpg

CFH_proxyrender_4.jpg
  • M@ttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I should also note that it looks like Dave and I are going this one alone. No third wheel here.