Home Technical Talk

replacement stylus for old tablet

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
Dear Sirs and/or Madams,

Upon a recent and inexplicable disaster involving my stylus and a toilet of my urine - and its potential causal relationship with the current functionality of said stylus, I have brought my attention to replacing it. As such, I now seek a new stylus for my graphire. This brings me to my inquery:

I would like to know if any of you have used a replacement pen of a different make/model than the tablet with which it's being used? (I.E. could I use an intuos3 stylus with an 'oldschool' graphire2 or even a graphire4 stylus with an oldschool graphire2)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
the Funkiest of Bunnies

Replies

• pyromania
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pyromania polycounter lvl 18
    I just tried both of my intuos 3 styluses ( classic and grip ) on a graphire 2 tablet and they did not work. Graphire2 stylus on the intuos 3 tablet doesn't work either.

There doesn't seem to be any forward/backward compatibility in the Wacom world. Looking at styluses in the Wacom store, they all say something like this,

Intuos2 Classic Pen
    Intuos2 accessories are designed using Wacom's patented cordless batteryless technology. They are for use on Intuos2 tablets only and will not work on Intuos tablets.
  • Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    alrighties, thanks man

Guess I might finally have to run out and get an intuos
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, you can't just use a different model of pen on a graphire, it won't work. Also, new pens costs as much as a brand new bamboo, which is odd, as they err... come with a pen.
    Which also doesn't work on your graphire.