Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hammer and Shield of Sigmar

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
whats_true polycounter lvl 15
My cheesy Warhammer model.

This was an assignment for a modeling and texturing class. We were taught ZBrush and told to do the normals in it. Learned a lot on how to do ZBrush modeling. Learn what not to do in Zbrush modeling hehe. Secondary focus of this class was texture work.

Gold sucks :[

Render2.jpg
Render4.jpg
Render3.jpg
FinalOut2.jpg

Teacher wasn't counting tri's, but I tried to stay conservative. Was given a note that the shield could be more rounder. I tried two techniques for Zbrush. One, modeling off of the texture (shield) and modeling just free handed (hammer). I defiantly like the latter much better.

On a side note, I know about that line in the middle of the skull. It's driving me crazy and I don't know how to get rid of it. It is mirrored, so I'm figuring that has something to do with it. No, it's not the UV's. I certainly checked.

Anywho, any tips on making this better or general observation is welcomed.

Cherrio :D

Replies

• Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    That seam down the skull center is because you don't have enough edge padding at that seam. You've got it right against the edge. Move the uv's for the skull down a tad.

The runes on the hammer spell out the name of it, 'Ghal Maraz'. It's written on both sides in the Dwarf rune language.
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    I would say the tri count for the hammer could be a little lower, it seems a little high....could you show a shot with wires? other than that looks pretty good
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I think you have too much lighting info painted into your diffuse and spec
  • whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    @Xenobond

A fried told me about expanding the normals. I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks man.

and "Ghal Maraz"? I need to catch up on my Dwarfin :\

@EricV
    I was surprised that it was high to (I only realized it when I was finished with everything~~). The majority of the tri's are going towards the skulls. I just copied the first one and used it for the bottom ones. Not very bright~~ I was in a crunch at the time and was to tempted to use the easy copy-paste tool. Have to keep that in mind next time I use it. Luckily, it's not a hard thing to fix.

WireFrame-1.jpg

@Justin_Meisse

Yeah, your right. If I were to move a light around it, nothing would change, just the shadows hehe. Less "bling" on the baking, or at least tone it down some. Might give that a shot latter on this week.

Thanks for the help gents.
  • imb3nt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imb3nt polycounter lvl 14
    I like it.
    ...you can probably cut some polys here or there though.