Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

juggernaut

couldn't load it on another site and get feedback so I was wondering if i could get some opinions here. I know the pedesstal is week hopefully i can work on it or come up with another one tomorrow.
winning_pose.jpg
Juggernaut_beautyshot.jpg

Replies

• ablaine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ablaine polycounter lvl 14
    The specular for his skin looks a bit metallic right now, but other than that I think it looks really good. Nice work. :)
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    looks good but some things irk me:
    the boots look half-way done, could use the laces
    the thumb looks like it could be turned outward more just a bit
    is he smiling? seems like he is trying to pick up a girl or something. can't really figure out his facial expression. i'd expect the juggernaut to have an evil look such as a grin or angry showing teeth
    an idea for the platform would be some street pavement with a cracks or craters cuz he just landed there
    keep it up!
  • Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    very nice :thumbup:
  • Stubbs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stubbs polycounter lvl 17
    Looks like it's coming along, but considering the nature of Juggernaut's character, I would expect him to be angrier and in some kind of dynamic pose. Seems like a 3D model of this character would be much cooler with his helmet on.

The metal rings on top of his biceps look like they aren't actually on the arms but floating around them. The same might be the case for the rings on the forearms too.

The normal map looks kind of sloppy and rushed, and too low res. What size maps are you using? The diffuse map looks decent but kind of flat.

I like the scratches and damaged areas on his chest plate. I also think you have the right idea when it comes to the exaggerated proportions of the character, such as small head and big hands, etc.

I wouldn't worry about the platform right now. I think the character needs more attention first.

It's coming along, keep it up.