Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nizza's thread of stuff (and things) -need crits

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
!NEW STUFF AT LAST POST!

Hey all, thought i'd finally post somthing on here as i'm in dire need of crits/help on getting better.
Also let me know if the pics are ridiculously large and i can resize. (edit: these pics are crazy huge, ill start resizing asap >_<)

Just finished this guy then (2/3 days total, hand painted diff and spec map for practice)
Started out with a sphere in maya and sculpted it all out in zbrush (no ref, w00t :P)
poly01.jpgpoly02.jpg
poly03.jpg

And a character i've been working on for a while now (too many interuptions >_<)
Still have to make a cool sword for her and do heaps more on the textures.
4750 tri's total so far.
poly04.jpg

More to come...

Replies

• Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And my first ever finished char i did (wasn't too long ago, learnt heaps from it)
    3814 tri's, 1 x 2048 map (diff, spec, nrml)
    poly05.jpgpoly06.jpg

cheers all
  • Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    Photobucket doesnt like you. Try something else :)

I personally prefer imagehost
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    should be working now, after 20 different attempts at resizing >_<

i can get wires and texture maps too if anyone wants (just don't ask me to resize them :P)
  • Wilex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For the first character the eyelids feel very prominent which might not be a bad thing but they feel a little thick maybe it's just the angle.

For the second character the face looks strange to me kind of manish.

Looking at all the work you posted it seems like you have a tendency to use grey too much in your skin tones. The female character looks undead or like a zombie because of the skin tones. The first character you finished looks like it has some nice detail especially in the chest but it seems to blur and wash out on his belly and as you go down his arms.

I personally don't have a problem with large renders id like to see some. Different angles would help to. Wires and texture flats would be nice.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    "Started out with a sphere in maya and sculpted it all out in zbrush (no ref, w00t :P)"

and thats why it doesnt look believable in any way ;) i dont know what your goal was """stylized""" or realistic , but none of them seems because its a mess , very blobby an inconsisten , the texture is also very plain and seems almost no work was put on it , i would redo it.

The textures seem all to be very bland and dull, play around with colors, you got trillions of them to use ;)
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    Johny wrote: »
    "Started out with a sphere in maya and sculpted it all out in zbrush (no ref, w00t :P)"

and thats why it doesnt look believable in any way ;) i dont know what your goal was """stylized""" or realistic , but none of them seems because its a mess , very blobby an inconsisten , the texture is also very plain and seems almost no work was put on it , i would redo it.

The textures seem all to be very bland and dull, play around with colors, you got trillions of them to use ;)

Thats nothing...you should see what I can do with a torus
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ty for the crits guys. Just to note i was going for pretty stylized on the head, didn't quite pull it off i guess :( I guess practice makes perfect *runs off to sculpt more heads*

And i know what you mean about textures looking grey and lifeless, i've got a tendancy to just turn the saturation down way to much, somthing i'm working on.

Heres a big picture (BIG) with some larger shots and some wires on it of the first head: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/Nizza_waaarg/poly07.jpg

Some earlier wires i had of the chick also:
    poly08.jpgpoly09.jpg

and the ogre: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/Nizza_waaarg/poly10.jpg
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    head sculpt take 2 -_-

still really low d lvl. somthings wrong with the brow i think and the eyelids are gonna be a bitch to pull out. Trying for a little more realistic this time.
    Just pulled the mouth out at this lvl btw, so it'll get smoothed then more defined once i divide the mesh again.

Also gettig into some enviro art stuff, nice change from characters.

poly11a.jpg

edit: did some more work on it
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    close to 4k tris for the ogre is a lot considering the jaggy silhouette, especially running from his shoulders down to his forearms. They seem modelled for a 1923 poly character with the same sort of costume and accessories
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers danr. yeah i know what you mean (especially about the arms). Trying to look more at sillhouettes now.

Feeling like im not really getting anywhere with my 3d latley so i did some quick sketches, then some more zbrush. Forgot how to copy things in zbrush so he's only got 1 eye and i started an anatomy sculpt this morning too (crotch has gotta be moved up a bit).

poly12.jpg
    poly13.jpg
    new_sketch02.jpgnew_sketch03.jpg