Home General Discussion

$100,000 Jet Pack

Replies

• JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    what? for dudes that lift your chair and carry you around while making broom broom sounds? :D
  • diminished_Self
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diminished_Self polycounter lvl 12
    yep. mythbusters adam savage had this to say:
    Am I the only one that sees 2 guys guiding this thing? I know I'm not but here's the thing: The bugbear with this type of vehicle isn't getting airborne, it's stability. He says that it can go to 8k feet for 1/2 hour. That's theoretically. I see a device going 1 foot off the ground with 2 big guys guiding it. In fact, I've seen not a single untethered pic.

I'd love it to be true, but I see too many warning flags. Sounds like a money raising stunt. Every time one of these companies is about to run out of money, they hold a "demonstration" and make a prediction that they'll be selling them within some short period of time. I doubt it. Moller's been predicting that people will be flying to work in 10 years, for the last 40 years.

Trek Aerospace spent millions on the stability problem, still are. Until I see this thing fly around a house without a tether and under the control of the driver, it's still snake oil. It's no better than that bloody Moller skycar imho.

http://www.metafilter.com/73667/Jetpack#2200957

until i see it flying in the air gracefully id hold off. but thats just me.
  • greenj2