Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Miles's WIP Thread

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
jmiles interpolator
have plans to do some practice high poly work.. warming up with some anatomical turn-around drawings before i get started on the real deal. crits on anatomy and details please.. peace

kaindoodlepf4.gif

Replies

• J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    maybe try some photo reference for the muscles on the upper torso on each side of the abs, with that big of hooves/feet some ankle study of hooved animals. and something doesn't sit right with the elbows.
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    Those aren't hooves, they're toes. Something seems wrong with the face, but I can't really tell what.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    He's rocking a bit of a Leno chin I think. The top part of his head seems somewhat small in comparison to the lower level. I think it's because his eyes are up high and chin yet again. Also, the top part of his arm is a bit short. I'm pretty sure your elbow to wrist is supposed to be as long as shoulder to elbow.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    When I read the title...I immediately assumed I'd been pimping in my sleep. What a relief. (s')
    I think J Randall's suggestion is key.
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    thanks gents for the great comments so far.. before i take anything further i'll take everybody's crits into account..

i think i see it now.. i think his ears, eyes, nose, mouth are all placed a little high... kinda did t his from memory w/o looking at any refs.. i'd like to try to stylize kain a little bit as opposed to making him a 1 to 1 copy of the game character.. however.. the anatomy needs to be right.. i'll be looking over that and correcting it..

a front view of his feet was a little difficult to picture in my head... however.. when i start sculpting it's a bit easier to visualize

@ J Randall-- yeah you are right..i dont think i have the muscles connected right just yet.. and the biceps in transition to the elbow are too short... just noticed that now.. the feet and ancles were a little bit harder to picture because i dont have any reference of kain that show reference to his anatomical build.. aka naked.. only refs of him w/ his armor on.. so most of this was guess work.. but there are some things i'd like to change thinking about what his body might look because of the transformation from human to vampire.. like potentially thicker heavily sculpted limbs.. and also, his surface skin is changed too.. to something more calloused or hardened like rock.. rhino or elephant skin or something similar.. plus that it's yellowed and scarred.