polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
kary polycounter lvl 18
Mid way through this and we're looking for input:

lowpolydaylightrender.jpg

makingof.jpg

alltogetherrender.jpg

bridge_town_matte_21.jpg

I originally wanted to finish the zeppelin as a game asset serving the same purpose as the zeppelins of WoW. Unfortunately I did the majority of the high poly before I learnt about modular assets, or developed a little common sense in designing the high poly (radial engines were a mistake, they soak up polys and still looked mediocre). I took the 'low' poly to 20k and mapped it as a skin. If I had done the high more intelligently I would have had a more reasonable mapping experience, and probably saved a fair few polys.

I still might take an afternoon to get the deck adequately dressed to walk around on, but it is one of those pieces that I've learnt enough during it that by the time I'm finished it's hard to work on the old parts.

For the matte, the zeppelins will be a bit player. There will be one overhead, one coming in to a dock in the midground, and a few stationary in the mid / background. It looks like we're in reasonably good shape for that purpose (as they are distant), but any corrections are appreciated.

Matt will be painting the diffuse and spec over the next few weeks. If he gets very busy I'll take a crack at them and get him to edit. I'll do the geometry for the cargo some time this week -- and use it as opportunity to take some baby steps with Silo and make some crates :shifty:.

Replies