Home Technical Talk

mudbox + wacom modifier problem

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Yozora polycounter lvl 11
The problem is that my "modifier" keys (ctrl/alt/shift) gets stuck sometimes but not physically, my computer thinks its held down forever. Simply pushing the modifier key again on my wacom or keyboard doesn't fix it.

I found a fix for when it happens to shift and ctrl by going to services>restart wacom tablet service (I even have a shortcut to go to services) but the problem is when my alt key messes up, I cant click on that shortcut or any shortcut because alt+click = properties so I have to restart my computer.

I have a dual monitor setup and while sculpting in mudbox I use the other monitor for reference images.
I'm quite sure this is caused by holding a modifier hotkey on the wacom tablet shortly before clicking away from mudbox (to change reference images).

Is there a way to setup a macro that restarts the wacom service using "run..."? Or even better, a way to prevent this problem from ever occuring?

Replies

• Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    never tried something like that before, how exactly do I do that? And is it possible to make it restart the process instead of just killing it?

Anyway thought of another idea, I made a hotkey for the shortcut to the services that is "ctrl+shift+alt+\" , now I can access the services windows no matter which hotkey gets "stuck" !
    Still would be better to have a hotkey that can restart with just a single key press and no clicks though.
  • Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    I have this problem too. It happens when I alt click with the tablet from another application directly onto Photoshop. It is very annoying but I just learnt to not do this.

To fix it I usually just log out and log back in. Faster than a reboot but I guess it is still annoying to have to do.