Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Small XNA game project

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
A small project I started working on a few months ago with a friend.

The purpose of this project was to create a small game, in a short amount of time, and then use it for an instructional class on game design using XNA. All the coding was done by my friend, Nic, who asked me to provide the visuals.

Most of the programming work was done over a span of 2 months. All visuals created by me in the span of about a month...while I was on 7 day a week crunch, followed by a week vacation. So mostly a few good evenings, followed by a couple sleepness nights.

The class was given and we've put the project on hold for other priorities. Here is our progress so far.

http://vimeo.com/1369480

All aspects of the gameplay, including particles and enemy paths, are controlled by XML files, which made it easy to teach game modifying without having to compile.

I used XSI for modeling. All texturing, particle visuals, terrain, gui, and sound effects done by me. Music provided by the programmer's brother.

When and if we begin working on this again for fun, the plan will be to add shader support, camera paths, boss battles, a map editor, and much more fun, etc.

I'm mostly fond of the player ship model, which I spent the most time on.

ship1_top.jpg

ship1_front.jpg

ship1_back.jpg

ship1_bottom.jpg

ship2_front.jpg

ship1_texture.jpg

shmup_screen01.jpg

Replies