Home General Discussion

New Family Member

Gav
quad damage
Offline / Send Message
Gav quad damage
Hey guys!

So, check this out, I've figured out something to do to make even MORE inactive around here. I finally coughed up the dough to buy a drum kit to annoy my neighbours with / learn how to play better. Anyways, just thought I'd share the news, I know there's a butt load of musicians around here...so I'm sure they can understand my excitement :)

It's nothing too insane, I just wanted something decent until I actually know what I'm doing...but I'm really happy with them and can/t wait to see how this progresses.

top_L.jpg

Cheers,
Gav

Replies

• TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats!

Kind of looks like that kit might hit back :o
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Practicing for Rock Band 2, I see.
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Cool. On my parents' house I have a classic one, a simple set as yours. Never got much into itbut this summer vacations will try to improve my terrible skills.
  • Kevin Albers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Albers polycounter lvl 18
    Woot! Great.
    Should be big fun. I wish I had enough space to dedicate to an electronic drum kit.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    future drums!

i've a couple "real" kits kicking around. one super-shitty beater and a little pearl 5 piece. they're great fun to just fuck around on animal-style.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Gav what set is that? and how much space do they take up?

Does it have headphone plug-ins or are you using an amp for it? Any midi plug-ins as well? I've been looking for a drum set for awhile now, and the electronic sets always seems to be more expensive, but that's the only option I have.
  • LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    Oh man, you'll waste SO much time just dicking around with all the different sound pre-sets, I know I have.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    :D

Yo Jason, it's this one -> http://www.roland.com/products/en/TD-3KW/index.html Right now I have it set up in the corner of our living room as we have just moved and are still waiting for furniture to arrive. The plan is that in the near future we (my wife and I) are just going to have a laptop as we now need to share a machine and I rarely work at home any more...then I'll turn the office into more of a drum room and just work at my bar in the kitchen. Sounds crazy but I think it'll be fine.

They really don't take up THAT much space though...I'm not good with square footage..Tis kit and I believe the other Roland and Yamaha ones allow you to use headphones although for min I'll need to buy an adapter of some kind. Right now I'm using a Roland personal monitor. I thought they were overly expensive as well but, really, this kit was quite affordable. When everything was said and done it cost me just over 1700. That's including taxes. So, this kit plus a decent amp plus a pedal...plus a throne and sticks. It's definitely not "cheap" but I think it's well worth it.

Again, I'm a total noob, I really only dicked around with drums a few times when I was signing for bands...but it's something I've always been interested in, just never had the opportunity to get them..if you're more experienced I'm sure there are better kits out there which will cost more (I was looking at a kick ASS Yamaha one that ran 5k...) but for my level this is more than enough.

Cheers!
    Gav