Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Murder Death Kill

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Cody polycounter lvl 15
Not your usual pimp, but i thought I would share a short film I made a while back. This was my final project in my video 3 production class, and my teacher told me to "do something serious, for once". But that didn't stop me from throwing some silly/cheesy moments in there. C&C welcome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV0sd5WqFFM[/ame]

Replies

• Jaco
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Haha nice, the ass whoopin was well done too
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    so what was the duct tape for? :D
  • SHEPEIRO
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    cool, cigarette cut at the begining is too short, if you elongated it wolud fit the rythem much better (shame cos the rythem of the rest really fits the music), and yeah duct tape round feet would have ben good as he was dragged awy.
  • Snowfly
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Nice video Cody, not bad. The cuts were a bit jarring in parts, some nice camera angles there too. I like the worm's eye view of the fat dude smoking. Cool lighting.
  • Cody
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Thx guys. Ya the duct tape was around my hands, but you never really got a clear view. and those pants were my only work pants, so I didn't want to get duct tape gunk all over them. [I am the guy who gets killed] It's pretty hard to set up shots that you are going to be in.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    was also slightly dissappointed by the lack or snippering helmets given the title
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Very nice! I totally agree with Shepeiro on the cigg cut being too quick. Same with the quick shot of the cigg being stamped out. Just 1/2 sec maybe longer on each.
    I like the shot showing the briefcase in the foreground in your hand, and the villain in the background. I think you could have used that kind of dynamic composition a bit more in a few places. A wider aspect ratio could have helped your composition as well I feel. Letterbox that bitch! Also some color + post treatment of the footage could really help add atmosphere.

Lots of fun though!
  • achmedthesnake
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    i like :)

its like a never ending crowbar fight - and the music makes it more surreal with the dexter/other music - bugger about the presentation though - id like to to see what the quality is like without the youtube compression....
  • Saidin311
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    Not too bad man! The pacing was cool, although it really needed a take using a highspeed camera for the cigarette burn at the start. I also think it might have fit that whole repetitive thug theme to have a second cig burn take when the other guy lights up a puff.

I also didn't understand the scraping of the trash bin with the crowbar and the shadow part. Is that supposed to be him killing you? I assumed so.

Pretty cool though!
  • Cody
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Ya, the idea was when he first came at me, and I spun him into the dumpster, he dropped the crowbar, so the scraping was him picking it back up. Then the silhouette in the red shadow was him killing me. Unfortunately, I lost the original files in a hard drive crash, so this is the only version I have. I still have the raw footage, so I could re-edit it I suppose. I could download it, and letter box it though. We'll see. Thanks for the words.
  • bluekangaroo
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    ha! I liked the ending....woulda been sick if you ended with 'fin.'