Home Artists Looking For Work

Game Art & Design Student Online Portfolio :)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
tristamus polycounter lvl 9
Hi all, brand new to the forum, hope to meet some people here with the same passion as me =)

I am a 3rd year student at the Illinois Institute of Art - Chicago, and I just found this site. I'd like to be a level designer primarily, but hey, I'm not gonna complain if I can even get a step into the industry, no matter what position they put me in to begin with :D

Here's my site, tell me what ya guys think so far!...

http://www.tristamus.com

-Tristamus

Replies

• SnowGhost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowGhost polycounter lvl 11
    First off, waaaay too many clicks to get to your art. A page dedicated to saying these links take you to my work are completly not needed. Its a portfolio site not a blog! Show your best work!

You also don't need, and shouldn't, show everything you've ever done. Only show your best work! The HR managers or whomever is going to hire you don't care about your 5 minute terrain job. Plus it makes you look amateur.

You should put your gallery on the first page. Then subsequent pages for for your resume and such.. Art first! If they like your art the will find your resume. Also you should put your contact details at the very top of each page.

Your portfolio is about what? Modeling? Animation? Level Design? I would try to somehow seperate them or make it well known what position you are seeking. For level design I would make a one page spread for each level and explain why you did what. Explain your gameplay and flow. Being able to place a bunch of premade props to look nice is one thing. Level design is foremost about gameplay and should merge with the art second. Show them that you understand level design theory as well as having a artistic ability.

Your text font is also really annoying to read and the black/green color of your typeface isn't the greatest to look at either.

Theres tons of posts here about how to make a good portfolio. I recommend reading them

You also will want to actually have the gallery integrated into the site instead of taking you to flicker. Try to minimize as many annoyances as you can.

**By the way Hi, I've been lurking for awhile and decided to finally post something!