Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[portfolio] - i have one

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
aesir polycounter lvl 18
hai guys. I just put up a website.

www.artofscottjonsson.com

Its the first website I've ever made, so I'd be much obliged if some of you could give it a test run.

Feel free to check out my animation reel :)

As far as crits on the web design, i read this forum a lot, so I'll get this out of the way for you guys. The pictures are too many clicks away, they should all be thumbnailed on the front page. You should have a back button available once you get to the pics rather than just linking to the picture files. Your portfolio shows no focus on what type of position you hope to get. Your animation reel is a bit too short. You dont show any wires, polycounts, or texture sheets on your game models.

Yes, I agree with most of it. Frankly, I wanna throw away pretty much every single piece on the website and make better ones, but I've gotta apply for jobs sometime...

I realize my portfolio has no focus, but what I really want is a generalist position at a small studio that lets me wear as many hats as possible. Ideally, I will create a couple different websites that are focused only on specialties so I can send those out for specific jobs.

As far as the rest, I hope to fix those problems too :) I rush.

Anyways, if someone could check it over to see if it works, that'd be great.

Replies