Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Magic Shoppe - Nintendo DS Environment

magicshoppe.jpg

Just a little DS environment, all hand painted textures. :)

Replies

• Keith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, thats really cool dude, i wish all environments on the DS looked as good as that. Great work.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Aww thanks Metta, I missed the low poly love, and you delivered nicely :)

Only crit (more so nitpick) is maybe try and push the lighting a bit more, I liek the warm tone, but you have that nice pinkish / purple-ish light in the middle that is screaming to let its colour out :) Same with the blue.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 16
    Metta that's awesome! I love cute DS stuff :P
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    That's cute as all hell. :) I do agree with Jason's comment, though. In fact, I'd go even further and say that I'd love to see the lighting as a whole get pushed more. Let the stove throw off some nice orange light, some blue-tinted lighting coming in from the window, etc. Get some nice color contrasts going on. If I hadn't seen the night sky in the window, I would have assumed this was a daytime scene.

Also, minor nitpick, but I think this would look a whole lot better with texture filtering disabled.

Another minor nitpick. You shouldn't be able to see the moon from the camera angle we're looking at the scene. :p
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Solid work! Makes me want to do one.
  • carlo_c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice low poly work!! Maybe take a look at FFCC: Ring of Fates or Phantom Hourglass if your looking for some nice DS environments.
  • Metta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks to everyone for the great c&c :)

JasonLavoie - Thanks man, I'll try and push that lighting farther.

LoTekK - I've never fiddled with texture filtering and I'll definitely test it out. Also, I LOL'd when I read your comment about the moon...you're totally right and I didn't catch it. Shame on me! I'll fix that right away.