Home Technical Talk

is there a solution? Could not find an appropriate startup camera: front

Hello, my name is Luis Felipe, I'm staring to learn Maya, so good so far I'm likening the app a lot,

Heres my problem:
for some reason the default front ortho camera in the four view panel
is missing, and this is the error I get:

// Warning: Could not find an appropriate startup camera: front. A substitute will be used.

this messes up all the ortho cameras, linking all the views, so if I change one all the rest four become the same, I didn't found a record of someone else having this same issue on this forums, but I found something on CGtalk, however on that thread theres no answer to the problem, heres the link:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=7&t=254251&highlight=camera+reset

Now what I want to know is, is there a way to reset the default ortho camera positions?
I don't know MEL yet, I just started using the program around two weeks ago,
I'm all for learning so I will learn to read MEL, but for now can you guys help me out,

For some reason my front default camera is missing in the hipergraph, yes I know you
cant delete the main ortho cameras, but regardless the camera is missing, there has
to be a way to tell MAYA to reset all the cameras on the my file.

In the thread link I posted above no one found a solution for this problem, I found
a MEL scrip that makes the error warning disappear, but the ortho views are still broken
its really annoying to have to reselect all the cameras every time I go into four view,

Also I could export all my objects to a new scene (which is very impractical as I would need to this every time this error ocurrs) but when I export all the objects in my scene the objects in the hierarchy get the name that I gave to the export file, and exporting each individual object so they would conserve their names would be very time consuming.

Ok thats about it, I dare you to find a way to reset the main ortho cameras in MAYA smile.gif

Thanks a lot for reading my post, and for any help you can provide on this matter.

Replies