Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Noki the bird thief/romantic

Hey guys here is a character I did in max in my spare time. Greatly inspired from shadowbane, if you ever played that crazy game. I might give him a dagger or two later, for now he will have to peck people to death hahaha! =D

noki_low.jpg

Replies

• Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Wow looks great, i think you hit the concept completely. On the 3d, the pants look better than the concept, too many wrinkles on the pants, smoothing it out made it look way better. I would like to see the shirt that is black lightened up just a weeeeeeee bit, because you dont want to lose any detail that might be lost due to how dark it is. Hook us up with some close up shots of the face and show off that texture man, great work!
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Ha ha Naime you have some of the coolest character designs (some are simple but just have a nice style too it) and this one is no different.

My only crit is try putting in a bit more love to the shoulder texture, right now it doesn't look like a puffy shirt, just looks really wrinkly, I think it would look better if you try and do the same thing as the concept.
  • edwardE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like the design of this guy, but I'm not so sure about your poly distribution; there seems to be way more polygons focusing on the feathers on his head, and not nearly enough for the rest of his body. Right now it's looking like a PS2 character's head on a PS1 character's body. Sure, it is a good idea to put more focus into the head, but the step seems too much to me.

There's no wireframe, so I can't really pinpoint how much you could reduce the head, but 648 polygons of feathers on a 342 polygon body seems reversed to me if anything.