Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character :: project 01

Ye, well.. random character project for my dusty portfolio, and I better !%&# finish this one x(¨

Did some thumbs and doodles today, picked a design and did a sketch. Probably gonna do a few more concepts, but its a start.

--
Update 21-6-08 - New arms.

Update 23-6-08 - Legs adjusted.

dozer1.jpg

Update 21-6-08

Well, since this project might acually lead somewhere, I might aswell write the acually diear behind it.

Hes a fireman, well sorta... A heavy armed unit whos brute force allows passage to otherwise unreachable areas. In other words, hes the smashing! While others take care of wounded etc..

The suit is a mixture of steel and keramic plating, which both ensure strength and resistance to the high temperatures. The backside of hes arms are fitted with plasma cutters, which will allow him to either cut or weaken materials who doesnt subdue to a mean left hook ^^.

Now, I know someones gonna point and say "but hes not RED! and wheres the horn lol.". I realize it might have been a more obvious choice, but I really wanted the suit en a warm hue. Replacing the blue parts with red simply made him too warm overall.. imo anyway.

No more babble! Here be an arm.

dozer3.jpg

---

Update 23-6-08

Did some work on hes backside. Some of the lines deviate from previous images, but im still just trying to get a grasp of the concept.

dozer5.jpg

Replies