Home General Discussion

Alone in the Dark

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
just got this delivered, broke UK street date

1.jpg
2.jpg

the art book is good; its a good size (bigger than UT3's) and has about 60 pages. Figure isnt that great, its not one I'd buy seperately and certainly wasn't the deciding factor for me getting the special edition (seriously, the character surely isnt the most interesting in the game?)

Gotta go hit up the game and see what its like; I got a feeling the wii version could be great or horrendously broken. I'll post about what its like when I've had chance to get to grips with it.

Anyone getting/got the next gen version of it? I'm interested in getting the PC version later down the line when all the inevitable patching is sorted.

Replies

• Pedro Amorim
    this game is out for pc also yes?
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah
    tried it (wii version)
    its not bad, moments are real good
    the environments are by and large really nicely done as well, they're around Red Steel quality (which I thought was pretty nice) but its a shame the controls are a little inhibiting and clunky, and I'm suprised the car driving mechanism was ever included, its so bad.

But its not a really bad game and for wii looks pretty good. It'll be interesting to see how next gen versions fare, I've seen them get decent reviews so far.
  • JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Is the Wii version the same as the next gen versions (story wise).

This game has defiantly perked my interests, and I'm rooting for it to do well. I like the "episodic" feel in a full game package, really cool.

I probably won't be buying this game, but I'll defiantly give it a rent sooner or later.
  • Armanguy
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    Im going to rent this bad boy. doesn't look like something that would last that long on my interest meter!
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Offline / Send Message
    ok scrap those opinions the wii version was terrible. I just traded it in (on release day) for the PC version. The wii version lacks alot of cut scenes, action scenes, and just general hints on what to do. PC/next gen is much better, nicely presented, and thankfully for a PC game, painless (no random crashes to desktop, performance issues, patching, nothing.)

I wouldnt normally post for every game I got, but AitD looked pretty special, with its lighting stuff especially and fire. The fire works pretty good, but on a visual side I think Ive seen better.