Home General Discussion

Exhibiting at London D&AD (v.whut?)

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
I'm about to exhibit my illustration work at D&AD New Blood 2008. I don't know if many game companies pop down but if they (read; anyone from this forum) are, I'll be there.

Its my first major chance to network with major people, and what I'm really wondering is, how? Sounds daft but I always find it hard to go round (do I just start talking to people??) striking up conversations at these type of events (my last was a business event) so what do people normally like to talk about at these things? I of course will be myself but a little insider stuff would not go amiss.

Honestly, I don't really know what to expect from this type of event, I think its all a little overwhelming and I'd love to hear some proper advice about these things if anyone could impart some words.

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    network with these people the same way you'd start a conversation with random people when youre bored at a party.

hey whats up, im ____. Hows it going, what studio do you work at, whats your job like, wanna check out my stuff. etc. etc.

Its really not a high pressure situation.