Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

retrospective - Steffen Neox Unger - imageheavy

veteran polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Neox veteran polycounter
As i did this in some german forums i thought i could do this here to, a thread of me looking back on my past work, starting with my early freelancerworks from 2007 till now, what i'm allowed to show of course ^^
Thought it would be better in pimping and previews then in sketchbooks, even though having a personal showroom instead of just a sketchbook might be an option, not my decision, so it's here D

ok lets start

Last year i started working on "The Settlers" for keengames and bluebyte, a frankfurt located games company. my first really heavy classical texturing based freelance job.

The task was was mainly to pimp alreasy given characters to fit into the portait section of the game (for userinterface, storytelling andsequences) so i got the lowpoly chars with approx. 800 tris 256 or 512 maps and push their heads to something like 1-1.5k with a 512

this also was my first apperance as a "professional" coneptartist, professional in terms of getting paid for it, not beein good or something... still a lot to learn
later we changed some of the colors and as i didn't really work with the ingame proportions we changend them too, but to get a glimpse of the upcoming new characters it was enough

and here their 3d alteregos, with approx 800 tris and a 512 map

and good old amma

this one has changed quite a bit, with some help of michael the character lead at bluebyte

quite a shitload of stuff to learn on classical texturing back then and stil...

Replies