notman polycounter lvl 18
Saw this on digg today and thought I'd share it in case you missed it:
http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfactory/curiosities/onemanstrash.htm

Replies

• Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    It's rather incredible sculpture, I've seen some of them in person, and what's funny, is at first you approach the stacked junk and just think "Oh okay, a trash artist, nothing new or amazing" but then you catch glimpse of the shadow, and it's like "oh shit!"
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    for once some awesome post-modern art!
  • Reverenddevil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reverenddevil polycounter lvl 9
    Wow, that is awesome. Amazing how someone could think of or stumble across, hey let me see what a pile of trash can do with shadows..
    Maybe they stared at clouds A LOT when they were kids?
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Woah nice!!!
    Do they create them on site? Or somehow glue them very tightly together?
    It would be cool if it was a one-time thing only.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Now now dejawolf, I know this board can be a little biased towards contemporary art, but there are loads and loads of great artists, you just need to get out there and see some of it.

Pior. I think they're put together by a combination of Gluing and welding. With a handful of things laying around. Though it would be cool if they're just delicately stacked I love seeing work done within a gallery space, making it only for that space. I was recently at the Guggenheim to see the Cai Guo-Qiang retrospect, and along with his amazing work, they also had a series of character and figure studies based on some Chinese sculptures regarding communism that were sculpted within the Museum on the spot, they were rather old and made of water-clay so they were starting to crack and fall apart (which actually added a rather nice quality, haha), but it was awesome.