Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Frozan - New Portfolio

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
DInusty polycounter lvl 17
finally updated my website. all work prior was moved to old work. recent work is now banner based. hope its worth the view :)

http://www.shatteredmesh.com/

Replies

• Legopirate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The portfolio has a nice layout and is very easy to navigate. Thumbs up!

I really like the "dossier" piece, great use of colour and texture.
    The water tower could use some work, and I don't understand why there is a garbage bag/bin beside it. Also may I suggest putting the clown in the third spot because it is a lot stronger of a portfolio piece.

I enjoyed looking at your stuff, hope to see more in the future

Long live PoTBS! o/
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it a lot, great layout good content, nice portfolio!

Crits:
    - You show some textures at a pretty high res, you might want to shrink them down so they are unusable but will still give people the same impression.

- The wood grain on the clown pieces stretches and distorts in some places. It also flows in different directions which makes me think you applied a wood grain to your UV map and some of the pieces where rotated.

- The water tower's lighting needs a lot of work. It seems to be lacking overall ambient lighting. It also looks a bit dense but maybe thats because the mesh is triangulated and you can see the back facing edges. I've always preferred viewing wires on a flat shaded model over the "see everything, chaotic mess".

Awesome stuff keep it coming!
  • DInusty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DInusty polycounter lvl 17
    alright thanks for your input guys! ill get right on all of this to fix what you guys mentioned. thanks again.