Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Imperial sword and Chaos Axe

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Firebat polycounter lvl 11
First:

Imperial Sword:
Making of this sword took about 5 hours.

fin1067x800zt9.jpg

Tekstures:
texshvc1.th.jpg

Second:

Chaos axe:
fin1300x800jg7.jpg

fin2xc9.jpg

and tekstures:
texvk6.th.jpg

Both models were make just for fun :D

Replies

• flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Looks awesome, but I can't help but thinking that the chaos axe's blade looks like you're attacking with some old dude's beard. :poly107:
  • jeramy79
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks really good
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Those look great! Nice texture paintin'

I think you could have made more of the UV layout, there seems to be some wasted space.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    These look pretty cool! I really like the chaos axe, the metal is very nicely done there.
    Although the metal on the sword blade seems more like plastic - I think there isn't enough specular, and not enough subtle colour variation.
    Also the leather straps around the axe handle are not very convincing, it looks like the diffuse texture has too much black outlining, and white-ish highlights in it... makes it look more cartoony than the surrounding materials. The "leather" noisy overlay on that part is too regular and doesn't follow the direction of the straps, which is kinda flattening out that whole area.

Either way, cool stuff. Keep it up! :)
  • buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
    I like it, looks really good.

-Buddikaman-
  • Firebat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebat polycounter lvl 11
    flaagan: you are right. Chaos axe blade is stylized on a old man face.
    buddikaman and jeramy79: thnx. I'm glad that u like my works.
    vig: yea...the uv is terrible in the sword, because this was "for fun" model and I didn't care about the uv layout. The axe was made later and imo it has much better uv.
    MoP: The leather straps were the most difficult part. I made it for 3 times before i got satisfactionary result. Either way thnx. Your advices will be helpfull in next work.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Firebat- in the concept for the Chaos Axe, the face on the blade is more sculptural. The details on yours seem more shallow and could use some thickness to them. Maybe also Give the head of the axe (blade part this time, not the face) an actual cutting edge. Doesn't look all too sharp at the moment.

I like the wood on the handle. Could maybe add a few more faces hidden in it, though. ^_^
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Very nice model, and since they were made for fun, I think it would be great if you considered selling them on the Exis Exchange. what do you think? http://www.exis-exchange.com
  • hjd_uk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool models, I think some dull red glowing near the orange light would make the axe look 'hot' rahter than just glowy.

45019548.JPG
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Nice work!
    As MoP said the leather on the sword handle doesn't look good enough, it could do with darkening quite a bit and have a glossy shine to it, looks a bit plain atm/ Keep posting :)