Home General Discussion

Leaving on a jet plane

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
East polycounter lvl 14
A Boeing 737-600, to be precise :p

Tomorrow at 7:50am GMT+1, I'm catching a plane to Manchester, UK, to join TT Fusion (part of TT Games) as a Junior Artist in my first industry gig. Up until today things have felt cool, and now the immensity of the situation is starting to become apparent.

I'm moving to a whole new fucking country, damnit!

I had my official last day at work today, said good bye to my co-workers of 7 years. They were sweet and had exchanged some Swedish currency into that funky British one, so now I have £51 in my possession. Which is strange since I just realised I don't even own a wallet. Worst part was saying goodbye to my patients whom I've grown very attached to during the years.

So tally-ho, and onwards towards a different life. A big thank you to Vidar Rapp who's been patient with me and my industry and UK-relocation questions. Also thank you to Fredrik Norberg, my co-worker-to-be, and last but not least, thank you, Polycount, for having inspired me to pursue my dreams!

(Also props to my recruiter Dylan over at Change, in case he browses these forums! :p)

Replies