Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UT3 DM-Red

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
Hi everyone,
here is some starting progress on my first ever DM map And I feel very excited about that cause I was always dreaming to do something for Q or U, hehe. Especially cause for the first time I got my hands on true level design and game flow set up.

I got some very quick mood/lightning sketches and an alpha version of a map that is completely playable.
You can get it hereand put unzipped files to ...-Your Documents-\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps\
After that u will be able to see it ur DeathMatch map list in UT3 game menu.

Note: current map is a ROUGH shell, just a quick way to get my map up and running in the editor in order to adjust gameplay and stuff.
Eventually anrchitecture shapes might (and will) change and most of things gonna be in static meshes instead of BSP.
However, it has got some general lighting that is close to final one and a rough proxy tree mesh
So u can get a very basic visual feel from the map and check out level design part. And u can apparently have some fun (some guys on Unreal community forums said it is not bad )

sketch03oy5.jpg

sketch04hw6.jpg

scr01oo2.jpg

scr02ih1.jpg

scr03kl2.jpg

scr04gm9.jpg

Replies