Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ingame shots of light armor for tribes style game.

hi soooo i wanted to get some advice for the textures for this.. i havent really textured before and its all quite un-intuitive for me somehow but yeah without further ado...

core00000071ns4.jpg

all i basically did so far is did a multiply layer over the ao baked map, then for the face area i seperated the faceplate so i could apply different specular values to it and just drew 6 dots on it wink.gif

Replies

• notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Hey planaria, I'm on the Ren team also wink.gif (sort of)
    Which texture are you wondering about? Are you doing the player texture, or the structure? I'm assuming the player model, since you mentioned the faceplate wink.gif

It looks good, but there's not much to it right now. I like the looks of the face plate.
  • planaria

yeah im working on the player model, the structures textures are a WHOLE other story smile.gif

one thing i want to keep is it being somewhat minimal ... so im thinking of adding a few extra armor lines or something.. but its definately open for advice since im just experimenting really.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    It looks pretty good as it is. What I really meant with my previous comment was there isn't much to comment on, since its mostly a red texture. That isn't to say it needs more wink.gif
  • Remus989
    I know you're trying to keep the texture simple but I think it would look alot better if you dirtied it up.I doubt this guy just got his armor brand new from the factory. I agree with notman about the faceplate. Looks cool.