Home Technical Talk

Max2008 - subD oddity

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
Any of you using Max2008 yet?
I've been using it a few weeks now, but haven't done a lot of subD work until last night.
I noticed that when I had the nurms enabled, it would do strange things when I deselected the object, such as turning the nurms off.
Makes it difficult to align different subD objects when I can't keep the previous object displaying in nurms.
I looked into adaptive degradation issues, but there are no conflicts with that.

Anyone have this issue as well, or know how to fix it?

Replies

• MoP
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    TurboSmooth modifier, or MeshSmooth? Or just the NURMS toggle in EPoly?
    Personally I never use the EPoly NURMS toggle, TurboSmooth is faster and more tweakable. I just add one on top of my stack, then use "S" as a hotkey to toggle end-result display on or off. Haven't had any problems with it.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, the NURMS toggle is what I use. I'll give the turbosmooth a go - just need to remember it's in the stack. I always collapse it. smile.gif

Thx.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    I've noticed the same thing you have, Vassago. It's like the nurms is still on if I select it and go to the Epoly, but once I deselect it, it displays as if it is off. Very annoying. After I reset, it displays correctly, but after I turn nurms off and then back on, it does it again.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad I'm not the only one getting it smile.gif

MoP's suggestion of keeping the modifier on the stack works for the most part, but I seemed to get wonky scene issues after a while. Not sure if the modifier was the cause or not. I restarted max and it worked fine again. Strange.