Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - fogmann - Triglav

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
fogmann polycounter lvl 17
Might as well enter this year's DW I guess.

Not sure about class and artifact and all that, but the idea is that this guy has been turned into a mutant by mighty magic of some ugly witch, and so he's trying his best to look as good as he can in his miserable state, and serious split personality disorder, while searching for the old hag to return a favor. In the meanwhile, he got in control of some powerful magic and he ain't afraid to use it, especially when it comes to defending the glorious empire of Polycountesia.

I did some thumbnailing on stickies previously, but eh, the scanner is offline, so I got me a ZSphere model to play with, and here's the deal:

fogdw3_01.jpg

Still playing with it, I think I'll add another set of arms, and of course some clothing too, and make the side head placement a bit less awkward + bigger upper body.

gl/hf

Replies

• naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naruSol polycounter lvl 18
    The heads seems a bit off to me just coming out of his shoulders like that. Looks like a corny old sci-fi creature or something. THe multi-headed look can still work, but I'm not really feeling it as you have it. Not that this is particularly more original, but I did a sketch to show you an alternative approach.

foggyedit.jpg
  • fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    Heh, the more the merrier! Thanks for the paintover, I'm considering adding some more heads, maybe not human, but I'll see. Smudging around still:

fogdw3_02.jpg

I think with the additional shoulders and arms the head placement is more believable, but I'm still missing something. Here's also the update on the model:

fogdw3_03.jpg