Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Syaped - Untitled

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
SyaPed polycounter lvl 18
Really want to take part in this war. Just random messing around so far really. All looks crap to me, except for the guy in the bottom left I like him. Some healer/cleric guy.

Anyway just thought I'd put my doodles up, maybe get some feedback to help me decide on a direction.

DW3thumbs.jpg

Replies

• Vidar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vidar polycounter lvl 17
    Bottom left is good, I like it alot. I would add some more ornaments around the head/shoulders though, sort of like a high collar. I would love to see some more helmet/mask concepts for him!
  • Bone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah Im a big fan of the bottom left too, I love the way you got the post apoc tribal thing going on.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    bottom-left too!
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    bottom left I say. Looks the most interesting.
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Played around with some other head ideas. I think I still like the original the best, #1. Still not sure if I'll go with this guy. I like him a lot but he doesn't have much pop. Everyone else has these super-cool doomsday demons, my guy feels tame smirk.gif .

I like the mysterious look he has by wearing a mask but what do you think of giving him a face? I think I'll go try that now...

DW3thumbs2.jpg
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Nice sketches! In my opinion tame is good, it’ll stand out for sure.
    I think some kind of face is necessary, imho you lose a lot of connection with the piece if there's no face.
    I still like 1 the most, but if there was a sinister face peering at me from behind that glass, that would be nice smile.gif
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haven't done much. Just tried a few faces that I don't like so far. I kinda like the idea of this guy being a goodie, since there's a lot of evil entries. I invision this guy as a bit of a wanderer. Maybe a sad and weary face from traveling the post-apocalyptic future.

DW3thumbs3.jpg
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    the middle one (2nd left and 2nd bottom) fits most imo
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oops forget to put numbers by them...
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Decided to pass on the healer idea. Want to do something a bit crazy and fun for a change.

Jester - The Demon King's jester. Driven mad by his master's tormenting and abuse he was locked away. But eventually escaped to murder his master. Now his mind fully rotten, he plays king in his former master's throne room. Or something like that.

Sketch looks kinda cartoony because I can't draw, but I don't intend him to in the end. Not sure which hat setup to go with. Also going to try different head ideas. He'll most likely have some messed up perpetual grin.

Bit worried he might not fit the brief properly. Maybe the Demon King crown has magical properties. Whoever wears it rules the Demon City...Any ideas?

Jester1.jpg
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hmm I kinda preferred the direction you were going in.. how does this guy defeat the machines in their homeworld and destroy any who would oppose him?
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    how does this guy defeat the machines in their homeworld and destroy any who would oppose him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha damn, I didn't know he had to do that. Guess I need to go read the entire brief properly...