DWIII - 3D - Ferg - Stone Warlord - Shikaka

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Ferg polycounter lvl 17
>> MOST RECENT UPDATE IS RIGHT HERE BITCHES <<

>> <<>><<>><<>> <<

domwar_concept7.jpg

>> <<>><<>><<>> <<

"has boobies" seems to be a popular theme this year... I can dig it.

today's early doodles, a chick with a rock elemental type centaur body... not sure if I'm gonna give her a weapon, or armor... just giving her some big rocky beatin' fists with some nice glowing power veins running through the rock might be more than enough to kill everything in the universe instantly.

domwar_concept1.jpg

Replies

• Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Haha, nice one ferg. Looking forward to more.
  • ChaosEidolon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
    Haha! yeah man, you're not kidding. Great minds think alike right?

Well I am sure we can make them sufficiently distinct. For one, I am either going shadow or vegetation with mine, and the emphasis will be on making her lithe and nimble.
    If you're going with elemental earth, it would definitely serve the design to emphasize the bulk and weight of her earthen parts.

I'm going to play with more concepts too, perhaps I'll find something I like even better.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    thanks guys... yah, definitely starting to push this design a little further. Glad we chose different elements... might be cool to have a dual pose shot for fun if we both end up finishing badass centaur chicks.

I changed some stuff around here... mainly added a blade weapon on her arm, and changed the lower forearms to gorilla-type appendages for maximum destruction potential. Also decided she was too awesome for just one sort of posture, and gave her the ability to stand fully upright and use those shiny new gorilla arms as another set of huge regular arms. Less agile standing up, but jesus... she'll kill ya, man.

I probably wont give her any kind of a weapon to hold. between the 4 rock arms, the stabbers and the nipples, I'd say she's already pretty well equipped. I'd like to add a soul-stone thing or something somewhere on the rock part... she's intact, legs and all, inside the rock. The elemental parts of her body are essentially a "suit" that forms around whoever controls the artifact rune.

workin? not workin?

domwar_concept2.jpg

and a little diagram to show the two poses...

domwar_concept3.jpg
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    I actually think the monkey position makes for a strong fighting pose as well smile.gif She looks like she could be tipped over pretty easily while standing up. Either way, cool concept smile.gif
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    Bacon?

Seriously, I like the idea of her as a hexapod but with the middle pair capable of either locomotion or manipulation - it'll make it even more distinct from the other centauress type being done here.
  • Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    Oh totally dig the new design, man
    Despite the extreme top heaviness I especially like the upright posture
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    thanks dudes

r4ptur3 - you're right about that, I'll try and work some more balance into the design to help with her upright stability. I might just be able to make the tail a little thicker and pose it so it looks like an effective counter-weight. Maybe.

Updated the hair... who wants to fuck around with alpha strips when you can sculpt WICKED BADASS DEMON HORNS>!>??!

domwar_concept4.jpg
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    I pity any foe of Polycount that makes a pig-based entry...
  • naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naruSol polycounter lvl 18
    Meh, not really digging the demon horns. The plain hair grounded her and made a better contrast to the rest of the design. Maybe just pull it tight into a bun with some sort of tiara echoing the rocky look from below?

Love the ape shapes.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Love the update. I agree with naruSol about the horns, the hair looks cooler in my opinion. Might be cool to make the intersection between the torso and the elemental form into a head, kinda like it half swallowed her...
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Very cool!
    I like the horns, but i think you should make them all in one direction. The big hands look strange because of the slim upper arms, you could make a bit of that rock material go up her upper arms to make it look stronger. Maybe... she needs something for covering her boobs? smile.gif
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    thanks guys! Crits appreciated and incorperated. Decided to try a compromise between the hair and horns.. whadya think? I should probably give her a more interesting haircut...

Also, I desperately need color scheme assistance. Crits in that category especially appreciated.

domwar_concept5.jpg
  • naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    how about adding in some more colors to the body, making it look more like a heavily oxidized metal of some sort.

Example of colors I'm talking about. Those easily offended by bronze castings of genitalia be warned
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow this is realy nice stuff!!! i'm looking forward to the 3d model!

what if your second pair of hand would have some kind of horns or bones sticking out oe as a plate, so it could slam with them, the others to dead?!
  • Dante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rhmmm narusol what cind of picture ref is that xD the one for adults? xD
  • naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, that is in fact a bronze casting of a vagina. Best reference of the kind of colors I was thinking of that I could find on google.
  • Clint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clint polycounter lvl 18
    Yea lol looks more like a heavily oxidized vagina. ooo.gif
    Anyways, sweet concept dude. I especially love how the front set of legs feel with those meaty hands. As far as color goes, im not to good on that stuff either. I would suggest though going with a lighter consistent color on the underbelly and then maybe a progressive tonal change towards the end of the limbs to a darker, dirtier, tone. You could have the spikes tipped in a deep red or black aswell, might seperate things a bit. Im sure someone with more experince with color can give you better advice on this haha. smile.gif
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    very nice...i agree with narusol on the colors. it would be nice to tie some of her hair color into the rock areas to balance her out. either that or add blues to both her hair and the stone area. whatever u do, i'm sure it'll look awesome!
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    Really nice concept so far. Iw ould suggest adding more muscle to the arms. Right now it doesn't look like she would be able to lift all that stuff on her arms.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Geez man. Considering the publicity this comp will generate, I'd tone down the use of vagina's. Or atleast warn NSFW
  • naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its a bronze casting, chill out. I'll edit to a link if it makes you feel better.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Its not up to me, Im not a mod. Up to you or a mod smile.gif
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Ah. The lack of vagina dentata in this comp was starting to become a worry.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Lol... this cant be the first time a polycount thread has been hijacked by a metal vagina.

Thanks for the comments guys... tonight's update is pretty brief, gonna be gone for the weekend. Hopefully I'll have a halfway-decent color scheme figured out when I get back, and can give a bigger update with a proper no-linework color concept. Took away the bra... she's goin bare-chested into battle, methinks. (unless I can come up with a bra that fits the theme and doesnt look tacked-on)

and detailed the backside of her massive blade weapon

domwar_concept6.jpg
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Nice one, Ferg. This is looking very promising!
    Flesh it out and then smash the modelling!
    Your stuff is just getting better and better, man.

-caseyjones
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    I really like concept of this character!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    cool concept, great size and weight ... the rules say stuff about nudity though, so i'd be careful of the bare chest - you can probably get away with it but best to check, I think... don't wanna get disqualified for something like that blush.gif

You could always do two versions, one with a slightly different texture if you wanted to cover it up for the contest but bare the breasts to get it how you want.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    thanks much for the comments guys. Decided to go with a corset instead of the bare boobies. Equally sexy, and far less likely to get me disqualified smile.gif

this is as far as the concept is gonna go. I'll probably end up changing a few things in the model stage, but I think it's time to move on. I tried to make her more badass lookin... dont think I succeeded like I wanted too. That's what I get for using photos of nice girls for my female studies lol. May give her a less human, more demonic face when it comes time to sculpt. Expect 3d action soon. Crits always much appreciated!

domwar_concept7.jpg
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Just looking at this again, and I noticed the hands are a tad masculine. It may be the direction you were heading, but figured I'd point it out just in case :P
    I also prefer the horns from the previous head a lot more than the new one, just for the fact that 4 horns seemed to be a nice number instead of just horns for hair. Also the shape and flow was much nicer. The head looks a little big as well.
    In contrast to the rest of your character, the corset seems a little out of place. It could potentially be the style of the corset that is making it look wrong to me.

-caseyjones
  • Master_v12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome concept man, can't wait to see the execution,
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I'm not feeling the corset either much tbh.. the original design looked great and natural feeling, but the corset seems more clubber chick.. I preferred the rock bra eariler if you have to cover her up, or even some body paint might be enough to avoid offence..

btw one of the machine entries last year had uncovered boobs.. maybe you could run the design past fred to be sure?