Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 2D - gauss - Ossurik

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
gauss polycounter lvl 18
greentoothartifact.jpg
just a warm up... a depiction of how the polycount army receives its artifacts smile.gif thumbnails to come.

as most of you know, i was in thailand as of DW2 and did my best to provide support and crits, since i couldn't participate directly.
now i'm stoked to compete in the concept art category, but as with the first DW, i extend an open offer to anyone and everyone (on any team, even) for a free paint-over.
given no the team-ups stipulation, you won't be able to take the paintover exactly to completion, but it's a valuable part of being in an artist community, so i wouldn't want the rules to cripple that. artistically, that first DW was one of the most fecund and enjoyable periods for me.
so if you need help, give me a holler, and i'll hit you back with a paintover.

prof420 asked for a background-sized version in the GD DW thread so here it is:
http://gausswerks.com/war/greentoothartifact_1920.jpg

edit: finally got a sketch up smile.gif

ossurik1.jpg

his name is Ossurik (OSH-ur-ik), and he's a walking graveyard built into the bones of twin giants. better developed sketches and whatnot to follow.

continuing to develop and clarify.
ossurik2.jpg

color study and de-clarifying :\
a half attempt at some beksinski type elements but i know that i'm not going to be able to pull off any of that kind of stuff in 40 minutes, much less 3-4 hours. i might need to continue on the more skeletal approach (anatomy needs improvement for this concept to work) or just break down some of the different areas in more detail. but hey, thought you'd all like to know where i'm at now, even if i'm not so hot on tonight's work.
ossurik3.jpg

Replies