Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - AimBiZ - Leolith

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
I'll join in for polycount this time. May our crusade be glorious!

Anyways, I've made some thumbs. Will probably do some more. Whataya think of these?
thumbs1.jpg

Replies

• slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    4 stood out to me. There definately needs to be plenty of boob in this comp to keep the fanboys happy.
  • fattkid
    Offline / Send Message
    fattkid polycounter lvl 15
    Number 2 appears to me to be the most original, as well as the most dynamic. Cool silhouette and combinations of shapes and design elements working well together, including the sword.
  • bounchfx
    4/5 , but 4 has sex appeal too and looks bad ass as hell
  • snemmy
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    3 or 4
    leaning toward 4. but dont skimp on those porportions!! smile.gif
  • sama.van
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    I take the 2nd! And the wings on the 6st are interesting too.
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the fast replys. 4 is the most tempting to do at this moment, and very challenging as well since I haven't modelled a woman before, but I guess if I just get the concept and blueprints right there shouldn't be a problem on the modeling part.
    Otherwise, I also like some elements in 2,3 and 6.
    One problem for 2 would be how the movement works, it's magic but still, I would have to come up with something good. If you haven't noticed already, it has only one leg. :P
    I guess it may be a bit unclear of what artifact 3 is wearing. It's a huge key, the key of doom or something.

Maybe I'll do some more thumbs like number 4. We'll see. smile.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    NICE! All looking great, I can't decide which I like best.
    Good luck, mate.

-caseyjones
  • rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    upperpart of 2 and lower of 1
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    More thumbs. Been focusing on the demonchick. Whataya think?
    thumbs2.jpg
  • Saidin311
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    9's weapon looks like its from Heavenly Sword and 10's weapon looks like the Keysword from Kingdom of Hearts.

I dig the bad ass gauntlet from 11 as well as the pose. But I also love the badass flaming axe and demon wings from 12.

Love the thumb style too. Can't wait to see more!
  • Joseph Silverman
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    I like 12 a lot, and 7, although how the artifact works is a bit unclear.
  • Davision3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Very nice thumbs, they looking all very good. I like the idea of having one big arm and huge weapon a lot!
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311:
    Do you think it's a bad thing the weapons look like those from those games? Haven't played any of them. Don't know anything about them either. I would say the gauntlet on this sheet is my least favourite, though I still think it would be cool with having something like that on one arm to create assymetry.

SupRore:
    I'm not sure either, lol. Thought it would be cool with a giant key breathing fire. It's connected to chains which leads to two keyrings which she is holding. I guess the giant key can hover above the ground and is controlled by the chains, so you can swing it around and cause mass destruction. laugh.gif

Davision3D:
    Thanks. I liek the idea too, but I also like the huge key. I have to decide. Either the huge key or the gountlet/sword combo, or axe instead of sword?

Would love to hear peoples opinion about choise of weapon.
    Should she have the more mystical key of doom which can be used for brute force or casting different destructive spells, or should she wear the gauntlet and more logic locking weapon like a sword?
    Of course I'll listen to other suggestions as well if anyone has any.

Cheers!
  • c0ldhands
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    Nice work dude. Im starting to like number 7. Liked first number 9 but then I imagined the possibilities of a hammer key that could smash everything in its way.The key to destruction! Keep up the good work!
  • Divide By Zer0
    My honest opinion on the idea between the key and the logical weapon is to go for the more "out there" idea. If you stick too much to the norm I'm pretty sure the judges aren't going to be impressed. Ya gotta think about it like this: How many swords are they gonna see while reviewing?

Now ask: How many flaming keys of doom will they be seeing?

just imo
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    My honest opinion on the idea between the key and the logical weapon is to go for the more "out there" idea. If you stick too much to the norm I'm pretty sure the judges aren't going to be impressed. Ya gotta think about it like this: How many swords are they gonna see while reviewing?

Now ask: How many flaming keys of doom will they be seeing?

just imo

[/ QUOTE ]
    Wise words. I will go with the key.
    Made a sketch to illustrate how she use it. Might continue working on this one...
    sketch_demonesse.jpg

... and yes, she is wearing a chastity belt. smile.gif
  • Valandar
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    Gotta protect her from those sex-fiend war machines, eh?
  • indian_boy
    woaaaah!
    if that belt wasnt there, id have sex with her, the idea is that cool!

now you make me wanna rethink my dudes weapon!
    Doom Dildo? hm.. no dont think so.. but yea

great idea with the key!
    effin AWESOME!
  • tores
    Offline / Send Message
    tores polycounter lvl 17
    I definitly like #11 much more than this last one. But nice thumbs, keep em coming.
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    More progress on the pic...
    sketch_demonesse2.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    So, ehm... what do you think of the design?
  • rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    the key is round.. i would repeat this round element on her armor.. wouldn´t change the leg-armor.. looks very unique maybe also but it onto the other leg.. maybe..

and i´m not the biggest fan of the face, but i watch where your going
    keep on smile.gif
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    man that key is wicked...great idea. i do hope you do some closeups of her face!
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    the key is round.. i would repeat this round element on her armor.. wouldn´t change the leg-armor.. looks very unique maybe also but it onto the other leg.. maybe..

and i´m not the biggest fan of the face, but i watch where your going
    keep on smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Round armor eh? Well, I wanted it to have sharp shapes for the badass look but when you mention it, I wonder how it would look if made a combination out of it, add more round shapes but still keep the sharpness.
    I will change her leg armor though. I'm not very happy with it. Have to make some reference studies since I realized I don't know much about medieval armor, like how the are attached to the body etc. Could be something to think of when I make the design.
  • Blackheart
    i love where ya positioned the logo, brilliant lol

great designs, loving all those thumbnails, and the concepts coming along great so far.

a close up of the face would do her alot of justice,
    keep up the good work mate.
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    i love where ya positioned the logo, brilliant lol

great designs, loving all those thumbnails, and the concepts coming along great so far.

a close up of the face would do her alot of justice,
    keep up the good work mate.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, will have to do that closeup. the face is one the most important parts of a character any way. Don't know if I will do it on this pic or do her face in a new one. Right now I lay focus on the body for designing the armor etc.
    The face will come. For now I'm more interested to hear what people think of everything else. smile.gif
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    Redesigned the armor. Next will be doing the key. ^^
    sketch_demonesse3.jpg
  • rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    ok me for my part thinks this rocks smile.gif
    of course still possibility to tewak or push the complexity wink.gif

can you make some head-"hair"-horn designs

i would love to see some kind of (half)-helmet in this style

keep going smile.gif this realy unique
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    huh...i like the new armor but i liked the leg armor on the previous version. i thought it was cool how both legs looked different...added more interest. oh well, this works too!
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin:
    The half helmet idea sounds very interesting. I'll see what I can do. smile.gif
    What do you mean with the "head-"hair"-horn designs"? To have all horns on her head instead of hair?

slosh:
    But do you think the previous version would work better in the contest. I like this version alot better but true I got assymetry on the arm parts so perhaps it would be fitting to have some on the legs as well.
  • rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    no.. as far as i see it, she has hair _and_ horns right? at least this is what it looks like to me

so try different horns
    AND different hair styles smile.gif
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    Got started on the key, and experimented som with the mask, or what I should call it. I will have to do some head sketches for trying out ideas and designs. Not sure if I'll stick to the horns as they are now. A bit too thick aren't they?
    sketch_demonesse4.jpg
  • Divide By Zer0
    aw man you totally need to keep the armor that reddish hue. right now the armor is the same color as her skin and its just not popping out like it was before.
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    man, the key is wicked awesome! keep it up...
  • Slingshot
    Offline / Send Message
    Slingshot polycounter lvl 17
    Nice concept so far but I agree with DivideByZer0 on that You should use a different color for the body for contrast reasons. I liked the red highlights you had before in the tail with the spikes tho, it made it less plain. Armor seems a little empty too add some decals,spikes or something. I could be wrong about the armor tho it really depends on how you texture it. Very nice concept thus far and I look forward to seeing the final.
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry about the colors. I have them in a separate layer and forgot make it visible when I saved to jpg. =P
    I'll think about the tail.

I'm very interested to hear what people think about the mask on hre face.
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    Poly-Jon polycounter lvl 13
    very nice design dude .. was gonna say about the colours then saw ya layer comment smile.gif going strong this thread smile.gif
  • Slingshot
    Offline / Send Message
    I would remove the metal part over the nose it looks somewhat like a pig snout.
    The horns are not anywhere else on your character so they seem a little bit out of place. Other than that its fine.

Oh ya something to help you out with coloring, look for animals/bugs etc. on the internet that have the same colors you want on your character and pull color swatches off the photos and use them on your character. I do this because I suck at coloring, just a tip, not saying you have the same problem I have tho.
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    Redesigned the key. Too tired to explain why. trying with a darker tone on the armor and grayer skin. Whataya think?
    sketch_demonesse5.jpg
  • Slingshot
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the glow on the circle handle part, enhance the key tip a little more with glowing cracks between the thick pieces going over the fire. I definitely approve of the new helmet design. Looking good keep it up.
  • Arix
    Neat idea, the key is really standing out among the posts. Cant find many design flaws. The tail seems to be just a tad out of place, but its not really hurting the piece either. I'd say shes a go, great job!
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    aww man, i liked the lizard head on the key! i like the new one too but if i had to pick, i say go with the lizard but keep the flames!
  • Arix
    Yeah i didn't even realize the lizard/dragon head was gone...i just thought he was breathing fire...that would be sweet smile.gif
  • rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    key rocks!!

maybe form this end-part to some more demonic-face like it´s already looking.. (to me)
    (whatever you do.. i would not loose the head/face at the key.. whatever head/face you will choose at the end)
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    Some classmates of mine pointed out the head on the key took away the feeling a bit of it being a key, not on the first impression at least, and you want to get a first impression. But due to your comments I got an idea, I will try out. Stay tuned. wink.gif
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay then, modified the painting and made some head thumbs. Helmet design will come soon. I want too decide the hairstyle and such first.
    sketch_demonesse6.jpg
    leolith_headthumbs.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    Did some thumbs for head piece as well. can't say I got very happy about them but I'll show them anyway. Prehaps there is something you like. Noticed why most characters seldom wear a helmet or something that covers at least half the face. I think the previous head thumbs had alot more character in them. Makes me wonder if I should have a head piece on her or not. Or maybe I should just come up with a better design. Have to make some thinking of this.
    leolith_headthumbs2.jpg
  • rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    finally smile.gif

iiiii taaaakeeeee:

1 4 5 8

and maybe a helmit with the idear behind 29.th eye-part

but i guess a face will provide more visual power than a helmet-mask (like the heads 1-12 much more than the other)