Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - EVIL - Donn

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
EVIL polycounter lvl 18
Lets take back our pride with force shall we!

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They can take our pride, but they can ne'er take our freedom?
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    I had this idea for a couple of days and I now finally have a solid idea of what I want to make:

A Demon Invoker with an artifact weapon that uses darkness/Void powers.

Its going to be a cool looking demon with little metallic armor and more natural armor, bonelike/exoskeleton like covering.
    I'l be giving it fairly wild proportions.

The weapon will be a steel ball on chain. But when its swung around it opens up revealing a black hole with around it the blade like shards that covered it. The shards float around it in high speed making it look like a grinder, grinding everyone up that gets sucked in.

Sketches coming soon (later today or tomorrow.)
  • Isobel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isobel polycounter lvl 14
    well, that just SUCKS
    I mean come on...void?

Just kidding I like it!
    Now draw! and post!!!!!!
    kisses Lise
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    Sketch_Donn.jpg

I managed to do this sketch in the train this morning to try and explore some anatomy options and proportions.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    EVIL, great to see you on board again. your sketches last year were some of my favorites, and you really went out there for some really refreshing form language, really looking forward to seeing your progress.

though word to the wise, i believe we'll be seeing an awful lot of chains, smooth stones embedded in tissue, and GLOW, GLOW, GLOW. if you can avoid any and all of the above, kudos smile.gif
    granted, quality of execution can always excuse less than fresh concepts, and you my friend have the chops.
  • kakikukeko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kakikukeko polycounter lvl 17
    looks promising.. nice style..
    ( nive avatar btw wink.gif )
  • richkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    richkid polycounter lvl 13
    damn it man, stop doing all these macro shots. thats all i saw last year, you had me at the edge of my seat the whole time with close ups. it was like watching a sex scene in a pg13 movie. every time you get close to a money shot it cuts to something else.

...give me the money shot this year
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    Gauss - Thanks man! Its indeed smart to watch the rest and do the opposite to stand out. I'll be taking your advice and try to find something that will be fresh and then try and execute it in a quality model.

Kakikukeko - holy shit name lol - Thanks man! I have been watching your thread and I like the way your going, it has a very Ashley Wood feel to it at the moment. I'm curious to see what your going to do with it!

Richkid - Hahaha! I'm honored that you all still remember me. I'll try to hold myself back and put the full idea to paper instead of more teaser details wink.gif

Thanks all
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Cool stuff!!! Its nice to see someone thinking out of the box with the musculature. Most of the time people make aliens, but they still have the exact same musculature of a human.

To quote Britney Spears: Gimme Gimme MORE! laugh.gif
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    NOES! halfway and I haven't done shit since!

I need a big kick in the arse! (you may kick me to!)
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Ugh, if I read this earlier I would have kicked your ass at work!!! So much you'd have broken all your bones except your drawing/modelling/sculpting arm so you'd be forced to work on this for the coming month in the hospital laugh.gif
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    doodle2.jpg
    Quick doodle, trying to see what I wan't to do with color in my texture